google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Marc Marquez: MotoGP champion extends contract with Ducati

Advertisements

Reigning MotoGP champion Marc Marquez has extended his contract with Ducati until 2028.

The 33-year-old Spaniard joined the team in 2024 and last year won his seventh title – his first since 2019.

“I continue to compete because I love this sport and I want to achieve even more ambitious goals. I’m convinced this is the right place to do it,” said Marquez.

He heads into this weekend’s Dutch Grand Prix trailing championship leader Marco Bezzecchi by 40 points after the start of his season was hampered by injury.

Marquez secured his 100th career victory across all classes with a commanding win in the Hungarian Grand Prix this month, less than a month after shoulder and foot surgery.

He followed it up with victory in Sunday’s Czech Grand Prix.

“I’m super happy with this new agreement with the Ducati Lenovo Team and to continue being part of this family,” Marquez said.

“With this renewal, they have once again reaffirmed this commitment, respecting my times and giving me the peace of mind I needed to make the right decision.”


BBC News

See also  Women's League Cup: Manchester City handed tough draw, Chelsea given bye

Check Also

England lose two quick wickets after 'poor' reviews

Pakistan take the wickets of Jordan Cox and Joe Root in quick succession leaving England …

Closer to retiring than changing teams – why Max Verstappen stayed at Red Bull

Three races into this season, after the Japanese Grand Prix, the frustrations of driving the …

Mark Wood: England fast bowler looks back on Ashes performance with ‘shame’

Before the Ashes, Wood had gone 16 months without playing a Test, first because of …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime