google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Man denies murdering Sophie Watson

Advertisements

A 44-year-old man has denied murdering a woman in Magherafelt.

Andrzej Pajaczkowski from Ashgrove Park in the County Londonderry town appeared at Laganside Courthouse in Belfast on Friday.

He is charged with the murder of Sophie Watson on 18 August 2024.

Mr Pajaczkowski, who was dressed in a grey suit and dark tie, answered “not guilty” when the murder charge was put to him and also pleaded not guilty to a charge of possessing a folding knife in a public place on the same date.

Ms Watson, who was 57, was found dead at a property in Ashgrove Park and had been stabbed several times.

A barrister told the court that the prosecution was looking into “body mapping” the victim’s injuries and getting an expert to comment on them.

The judge set a provisional start date for the trial of 25 May and said it was expected it would last three weeks.

Mr Pajaczkowski will remain in custody.


BBC News

See also  Belfast: Man seriously injured after attack near Sandy Row

Check Also

Dingle: Crew honoured after 14 fishermen rescued from stricken boat

Several emergency services were part of the rescue effort – an RNLI lifeboat, Irish Coastguard …

Fear and fallout three months on from Northern Ireland’s race riots

But, at the same time as social media posts were circulating organising the riots, something …

Newtownabbey stabbing: Two men arrested after man injured

Two men have been arrested after a man was stabbed in Newtownabbey, County Antrim. Police …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime