google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Katie Taylor: Two-weight undisputed champion to retire after Dublin bout this summer

1744355387 5c0f70d0 6139 11ee ac8c 9d18dbc280ea.png

Advertisements

Katie Taylor has confirmed she will bring the curtain down on her decorated career after a farewell fight in Dublin this summer.

The undisputed light-welterweight champion has not fought since she won her trilogy fight with Amanda Serrano in New York last July.

On Wednesday, the 39-year-old Irishwoman said she remains hopeful her swansong fight will take place at Croke Park.

“I just want to fight in Dublin to end my career,” she told RTE.

“Obviously we’re still hoping for Croke Park, we’re hanging on to a bit of hope that it can happen. If it doesn’t happen there are plenty of options there. I have obviously fought in the 3Arena a couple of times, the Aviva Stadium is also there.

“Croke Park would the top of the list.”


BBC News

Views: 3

See also  Golf: Women's Open

Check Also

Canadian Grand Prix 2026: George Russell aiming to put ‘turbulent’ season start behind him

The Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, which is situated on the Ile Notre Dame in the St …

Canadian Grand Prix 2026: Lewis Hamilton says he has no plans to retire from Formula 1

Hamilton had already hinted last year that he was contracted to Ferrari for 2027, saying …

Caoimhin Agyarko: Belfast man to fight Josh Kelly for IBF light-middleweight title

Belfast’s Caoimhin Agyarko will challenge Josh Kelly for the IBF light-middleweight title this summer. Agyarko …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime
Our free link building tool gives you instant access to contextual links from thousands of websites worldwide.