google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Jason Whittingham: Morecambe owner says mediation session with Panjab Warriors rearranged

Panjab Warriors have been attempting to buy the club for more than a year and have previously said they have put in significant funding in order to help finance the Shrimps last season.

Culture secretary Lisa Nandy wrote an open letter to Whittingham this summer urging him to sell amid a chaotic off-season, during which a separate bid was made for the club, but a deal has yet to go through.

Her letter came after the club were suspended by the National League for failing to comply with their rules, while Panjab Warriors also said in a joint statement that the club would shut last week if a takeover did not go through.

Morecambe, who were relegated from the English Football League (EFL) last season, were due to face Boston United on Saturday to kick off their 2025-26 National League campaign.


Source link

See also  Girl who died on M5 after escaping police 'was failed', mum says

Check Also

Flex your football brain with our daily quizzes

Test your ball knowledge with today’s Who Am I?, Five in Five and Brainteaser. Source …

James Maddison: Tottenham midfielder on how having five young children helped distract from injury

Spurs struggled last season, securing survival on the final day and finishing just two points …

Coventry City: Premier League return was about more than result

Since winning the Championship by 11 points from Ipswich Town, Coventry have spent about £130m, …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime