google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Conor Gallagher: Chelsea accept Atletico Madrid’s offer midfielder

Chelsea have accepted a bid from Atletico Madrid for midfielder Conor Gallagher after he rejected a new Blues contract in June.

The England international, 24, is now able to negotiate personal terms after a bid of around £33m, according to sources in Spain, was accepted.

Chelsea are understood to prefer the sale to a club outside of English football so have opted to accept a lower bid, rather than the £45m being discussed with Aston Villa in June.

It remains unclear whether Gallagher will accept a move overseas but the Londoners are ready to sell with less than one year remaining on his current deal.

He is believed to have turned down a three-year contract, structured in a two-year deal with an option for an extra year, in June.

Gallagher could also opt to leave the club on a free transfer next summer and has previously had interest from Tottenham, West Ham and Everton.


Source link

See also  URC: Jac Morgan set for Ospreys return in Dragson derby

Check Also

Jamal Musiala’s on‑pitch collapses – Bayern Munich say reason is medication switch

Following his collapse on Tuesday, Musiala posted a statement on Instagram where he said the …

De Zerbi let us bond over a few beers – Maddison

Midfielder James Maddison says Tottenham boss Roberto de Zerbi let the team bond over some …

Aaron Wan‑Bissaka: West Ham United defender joins Aston Villa on loan

Aston Villa have completed the signing of West Ham defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka on a season-long …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime