google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

UFC: Daniel Rodriguez targets return after eight months in prison

Daniel Rodriguez is targeting a return to UFC and says he will show the “monster that prison created” after eight months in a Mexican jail.

The 39-year-old American posted a video on Instagram, external on Thursday with the caption “ready for my return to the UFC octagon” after saying he has been released from prison in Tijuana.

The video appears to show footage of Rodriguez training with a punch bag and sparring in front of a line of prison cells.

The details of Rodriguez’s arrest have not been disclosed and BBC Sport has asked Mexican legal authorities and the UFC for comment.

“Eight months in a cage in Tijuana, Mexico never killed my spirit. I did everything possible to stay on point and ready for my return to the UFC octagon,” said Rodriguez.

“Expect a hungrier, more focused version of myself. They tried to take it all away, now it’s time for me to come back and show you all the monster that prison created.

“Thank you to my legal and management team, family and real friends to help me be a free man.”

Rodriguez – who is 14th in the UFC’s welterweight rankings – has not fought since July last year, when he beat American Kevin Holland by unanimous decision.

He made his debut in the UFC in 2020 and has won 10 of his 14 fights in the promotion.

Advertisements




BBC News

See also  Champions Cup: Sale Sharks v Glasgow Warriors - team news

Check Also

Basketball: Sex toys thrown on court disrupt two WNBA matches

Natasha Cloud, a guard for the Chicago Sky, said the “men” throwing the sex toys …

How are Liverpool preparing to face six new managers in their first six games?

This has been a summer of more change than usual in the Premier League with …

Boxing: Two-time world champion Zolani Tete shot dead outside home in South Africa

Two-time world champion Zolani Tete has been shot dead outside his home in South Africa. …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime