google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Suffolk MP facing sex assault charges given trial date

84884df0 609e 11f0 b5c5 012c5796682d.jpg

An MP accused of sexually assaulting two women at a private members’ club in London must wait nearly a year before going on trial.

Central Suffolk and North Ipswich MP Patrick Spencer, 37, has been accused of assaults on two women at The Groucho Club in Soho on the same day in August 2023 – before he was elected.

He entered not guilty pleas during a pre-trial hearing at Southwark Crown Court on Monday.

Judge Tony Baumgartner said a trial, expected to last about a week, would start on 13 July 2026. Mr Spencer, from Suffolk, was granted unconditional bail.

A prosecution lawyer had outlined some detail about the allegations against Mr Spencer at an earlier magistrates’ court hearing.

Barrister Polly Dyer said the alleged offences happened on 12 August 2023 at The Groucho Club.

The court heard a complaint was made to the club and the matter was reported to police.

Mr Spencer was interviewed by officers earlier this year.


BBC News

See also  New rioting across UK cities as arrests multiply

Check Also

Bicester girl, 12, ‘exhilarated’ after home-schooled GCSEs success

Her older sister Clara, 23, who supported Ariel and their 15-year-old brother Elias with their …

Lincolnshire teacher jailed for sexually abusing teenage boy

A former teacher has been jailed for four and a half years after admitting to …

England vs Pakistan: Joe Root’s second spell as captain begins with huge win

First Rothesay Test, Headingley (day three of five) Pakistan 171: Shafique 61; Tongue 5-46, Robinson …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime