google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Sudan military chief Gen Burhan survives drone strike attack – army

Previous talks to end the conflict, which has created the world’s largest humanitarian crisis, have failed as both sides have refused to honour their commitments.

More than 10 million people have fled their homes since the former allies fell out over an internationally backed political plan to move towards civilian rule.

The Jabait army base is about 100km (62 miles) from Port Sudan, the military’s de facto capital and where Gen Burhan is based.

Video footage being shared from those attending the ceremony on Wednesday morning shows military graduates marching in ceremonial dress before the sound of a strike.

“The only party that is hostile to the Sudanese people and targeting the Sudanese people is the rebel Rapid Support Forces,” Gen Abdallah told the BBC.

He thanked God that Gen Burhan and “all the commanders present are fine” and that there not many major injuries.


Source link

See also  DR Congo attemped coup: Army says it thwarted attack in Kinshasa

Check Also

Zambia elections: Ex-minister Mutotwe Kafwaya killed in security raid on opposition

A former Zambian minister was killed in last week’s raid by security forces on a …

Two accused of drug trafficking after UK-Nigeria investigation

A man and a woman have been charged with international drugs trafficking offences as part …

Gold mine hit by deadly landslide in Central African Republic near Cameroon border

A landslide at a gold mining area in Zamboï in western Central African Republic (CAR), …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime