google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Red Sea sinking: Search for people missing enters second day

Marsa Alam is a popular destination for tourists on Egypt’s southern Red Sea coast. It is surrounded by diving spots, including renowned coral reefs.

The Red Sea governorate said the boat was owned by an Egyptian national, and had received a one-year validity certificate in March 2024 when it was inspected by maritime safety.

Hanafi said there were no technical faults at the time of the incident.

He also visited Marsa Alam to see the people rescued, and said they were all in good health, and no-one had needed admission to hospital. The passengers are being received in a tourist hotel in the area, he added.

There was no immediate comment from Sea Story’s Egypt-based owner and operator, Dive Pro Liveaboard.

But it website says the vessel was built in 2022, external and is 44m (144ft) long. It has four decks and 18 cabins that can accommodate up to 36 passengers.

Last year, three Britons died off the coast of Marsa Alam after their dive boat caught fire.


Source link

See also  Tulsi Gabbard now says Iran could produce nuclear weapon 'within weeks'

Check Also

Tornadoes touch down in New York and Delaware

Tornadoes swept through New York and Delaware as severe storms brought torrential rain to the …

South African court drops corruption charges against police intelligence boss Dumisani Khumalo

Speaking outside court in Pretoria after the withdrawal of the charges, Gen Khumalo expressed relief …

Mexicans arrested as big meth lab in South Africa found on remote Limpopo farm

The five Musina farm suspects will appear in court on Monday to face charges relating …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime