google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Rafael Nadal: Former world number one included in Spain’s Davis Cup squad

Nadal missed the US Open because he said he would not “be able to give my 100% at this time”.

He then pulled out of the Laver Cup earlier in September, saying he believed there are “other players who can help the team deliver the win”.

Nadal also missed the Australian Open in January through injury and decided not to play Wimbledon to focus on the Olympics.

He previously hinted at retirement later this year, but said before the French Open he was not “100%” certain that would be the last time he played at Roland Garros.

The Davis Cup quarter-finals take place 19-21 November, with the semi-finals following on consecutive days before the final on Sunday, 24 November.

Reigning world number one Jannik Sinner is set to lead defending champions Italy, who will seek to become the first team to retain the title since 2013.


Source link

See also  'Where on earth do they go from here?' - England's wicket woe

Check Also

Irish Premiership: Could Adam Brooks be Crusaders’ next Scottish sensation?

Brooks arrived in the same window as Bryden, joining on a two-year-deal from Queen of …

Spurs coach De Zerbi must find a way to cure losing mentality

Matheus Fernades, at £85m from West Ham United, came on as a substitute, while Savinho …

Leeds score late winner to silence Forest fans

Anton Stach scores in the 88th minute to give Leeds United a win in Oliver …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime