google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Prince of Wales pays visit to severely ill children from Gaza

The Prince of Wales has visited a number of severely ill children from Gaza being treated by the NHS, a Kensington Palace spokesperson says.

The NHS began offering specialist care to Gazan children in September as part of a UK government humanitarian mission.

As of 21 November, 50 children are receiving treatment, according to Department of Health and Social Care statistics.

A Kensington Palace spokesperson said Prince William had been “moved by the courage shown by the children and their families”.

The first evacuations of sick children and their families from Gaza were reported in September.

The identity of the evacuees has not been given.

A government spokesperson said: “The government worked with partners to carry out medical evacuations from Gaza to the UK over the autumn. Fifty patients and their immediate family members are now receiving care in surroundings that are safe and welcoming.”

In October the prince unveiled a global memorial for humanitarian aid workers where he delivered a speech on humanitarian values.

This royal visit signals further intent from Prince William to establish what he has called “more empathetic leadership around the world” where humanitarian issues are concerned.

Speaking in a recent episode of the documentary series The Reluctant Traveller, he told presenter Eugene Levy “change is on my agenda, change for good”.

“Not overly radical change, but change that needs to happen,” he added.

After his visit to the Gazan children, a Palace spokesperson said: “The Prince wished to offer a moment of comfort to these young people who have endured experiences no child should ever face.

“The Prince was also able to offer his heartfelt gratitude to the NHS teams providing exceptional care during such a profoundly difficult time.

“His Royal Highness was moved by the courage shown by the children and their families and by the dedication of the team who are supporting them with such professionalism and humanity.”

Israel launched a military operation in Gaza after Hamas-led militants based in the Palestinian territory attacked Israel on 7 October 2023, killing 1,200 people and abducting 251.

At least 70,100 people have been killed in Gaza since then, according to the territory’s Hamas-run health ministry. A ceasefire was called on 10 October.


BBC News

Views: 1

See also  Three admit to running £70 million pension fraud

Check Also

BBC asks Trump if China will help open the Strait of Hormuz

The BBC’s Tom Bateman asked President Trump about China’s willingness to pressure Iran to open …

Israel says it has killed Hamas commander in Gaza air strike

Izz ad-Din al-Haddad, described as “one of the architects of the October 7 massacre”, was …

1744207783 537ff930 6139 11ee b101 6f93d6dfbcc2.png

Israel and Lebanon agree to extend ceasefire, US state department says

“We hope these discussions will advance lasting peace between the two countries, full recognition of …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime
Apple vision pro – retro games ?.