google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

North Belfast: Protest held at school after assault

In a statement on Thursday, the principal of the school, Paula Stuart, said she was limited in what she could say due to the ongoing police investigation.

“However, I wish to reassure parents and students that the PSNI were onsite to view CCTV and no knives were involved.

“I would reiterate that many of the claims on social media are entirely inaccurate and ask for our school community’s support in helping to stop the spread of misinformation.”

The EA also said that “contrary to some reports, there is no evidence to support inaccurate claims or fears being expressed on social media around pupil safety at the school”.

Belfast Model School for Girls is a large school with over 1000 pupils.

It has previously won a School of Sanctuary award for its work.

A School of Sanctuary Award is given to schools that “are welcoming places for students and their families, where every child feels safe, where they are fully accepted”.

Jan told BBC News NI she had come to the protest at the school “to protect my daughter”.

“There is bullying goes on in the school,” she said.


Source link

See also  Shopping centre shooting a terrifying experience, gardaí say

Check Also

Tyrone man Declan McGee and his sheepdog are heading to the world cup

McGee said he always had an interest in sheepdogs but “for a long time I …

NI saw largest rise in disposable income of any UK region in 2024

However the figures are also likely to reflect the fact that real wages across the …

The teen entrepreneur transforming farm management

O’Connor noticed the impact on his father and brother when the family made the switch …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime