google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Marco Silva: Fulham boss promises to make decision on Craven Cottage future ‘next week’ amid Benfica links

Advertisements

Fulham boss Marco Silva has promised he will make make a decision on his future next week.

The 48-year-old Portuguese’s contract at Craven Cottage expires at the end of June and the club are keen to keep him, offering a new three-year deal.

Silva, who was appointed in 2021, was linked with the Chelsea job before former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso was appointed.

Benfica have also been mentioned as possible suitors for Silva as they eye a replacement for Real Madrid-bound Jose Mourinho.

Fulham‘s final Premier League match of the season is against Newcastle on Sunday.

Speaking at his pre-match news conference on Friday, Silva said he did not see the uncertainty surrounding him “as an issue”.

“I understand why you call it as an issue, I see it as a situation that we are at the end of a contract, we have been talking to the football club and the football club is talking with us,” he said.

“And I’m going to take a decision, as are the football club, next week.

“I just have one offer on the table for me to think about. I understand my agent is speaking with the club, but I have an offer from a long, long time that we are talking about and that is Fulham Football Club.”

Silva took charge of Fulham when they were in the Championship five years ago and steered the club to promotion in his first season.

Since then he has established them in the Premier League, guiding the Cottagers to 10th, 13th and 11th placed finishes.

They currently sit 13th with the match at home to Newcastle left, but Fulham have failed to win in their past three games, seriously denting their chances of qualifying for Europe next season.


BBC News

Views: 1

See also  Poland Darts Masters: Luke Littler beats Rob Cross to lift trophy in Gliwice

Check Also

Women’s Six Nations: Meg Jones & Aoife Wafer make shortlist for player of tournament

Meanwhile, organisers have released figures demonstrating the continued growth in the competition, and women’s game …

SPFL investigate two Celtic games & two play-off fixtures

“In season 2025-26 the SPFL concluded 11 disciplinary processes against eight clubs for such incidents. …

Tuchel explains England World Cup squad selections

England boss Thomas Tuchel said his job “isn’t necessarily to select the 26 most talented …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime
Lexonrank | free link building tool | automated seo backlinks.