google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Lenton: Man detained under mental health act after blast

Two blasts were heard in the city on Friday, with police saying the incident had been “safely resolved” on Saturday.

A spokesperson added: “Nothing untoward was found and the incident was deemed safe shortly after 5:00.”

Affected people, many of whom are students, were provided with temporary accommodation by the city’s universities, while families were taken in by relatives and friends.

While The Walton Hotel, in North Road, had also opened its doors for people to stay, in the short-term, officers said.

Supt Jon Foy said: “Once again we’d like to thank all those who took in friends and neighbours who were displaced during this incident.

“We’d also like to thank residents for their patience and understanding while work was carried out to bring the incident to a safe conclusion.”

Follow BBC Nottingham on Facebook, external, on X, external, or on Instagram, external. Send your story ideas to eastmidsnews@bbc.co.uk, external or via WhatsApp, external on 0808 100 2210.




Source link

Advertisements
Views: 0

See also  Wayne Rooney calls for greater anti-racism education campaigns

Check Also

Severn Trent to fix ‘noisy’ Shirebrook manhole after months of wait

The manhole sits in the middle of a crossroads with Station Road, where there is …

Firefighters tackle blaze at Bermondsey waste centre

About 100 firefighters are tackling a massive blaze at a waste facility in south-east London. …

Charity leader leaves £1m legacy gift to Cumbria group

An organisation which provides financial support to charities across a county has received an “incredible” …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime
Cost effective research bundles & value packs.