google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Fenerbahce: Turkish side vote against withdrawal from Super Lig

Players and fans clash on the pitch after the game between Trabzonspor and Fenerbahce
Fans of Trabzonspor stormed the pitch after the full-time whistle

Fenerbahce members have voted against a proposal to withdraw from the Turkish Super Lig.

In March, the 19-time title winners said they would consider withdrawing from the league after their players were attacked by Trabzonspor fans.

Fenerbahce won the game 3-2 and Trabzonspor fans entered the pitch, attacking security forces and players.

“In all our meetings, the least preferred option was to withdraw from the league,” said chairman Ali Koc.

“The reason why this option is not wanted is that people think we would have to deal in the lower league with the same things we deal with here.

“We are taking this option off the table until the general assembly at the end of the season.”

Tensions started to rise when former Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi scored an 87th-minute winner, with objects thrown on to the pitch.

Nigeria winger Bright Osayi-Samuel, who used to play for Blackpool and Queens Park Rangers, knocked one pitch invader to the ground while Batshuayi aimed a kick at another.

The Turkish Football Federation reported three of Fenerbahce’s players and two club officials to the country’s Professional Football Disciplinary Board for their involvement in the fights.

Fifa president Gianni Infantino said the incidents were “absolutely unacceptable”.

The Turkish Football Federation called the events “unacceptable” and said in a statement that “the necessary criminal sanctions will be imposed on those responsible for these incidents”.

A day later, Turkey’s Interior Minister Ali Yerlikaya said 12 fans had been arrested.

Fenerbahce are second in Super Lig after 30 games – two points behind leaders Galatasaray – and are scheduled to host Adana Demirspor on Wednesday.


Source link

Views: 0

Advertisements

Check Also

Toby Collyer: West Brom in talks over permanent return for Man Utd midfielder

Manchester United midfielder Toby Collyer is in talks with West Bromwich Albion about returning to …

Rangers: How James Penrice’s dream debut helped ignite Derek McInnes reign

Rangers were far from convincing in a first half in which they went two up, …

Brighton reject £7.5m bid from Rangers for Amario Cozier-Duberry

Brighton have rejected a £7.5m bid from Scottish Premiership side Rangers for winger Amario Cozier-Duberry. …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime
Buy pini kay briquettes in portugal archives omega pellets. Elfbar elfliq spearmint nikotinsalz liquid 10 mg/ml nikotin.