google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Dom Taylor: Darts player “sincerely sorry” after failed drugs test

Advertisements

Dom Taylor says he is “sincerely sorry” after a failed drugs test meant he was excluded from the PDC World Darts Championship.

Englishman Taylor, who beat Oskar Lukasiak in the first round at Alexandra Palace, was tested in line with “ongoing anti-doping procedures”, the Darts Regulation Authority said on Friday.

Taylor said he apologises for “blatant lying” and that he will be “back to prove himself”.

The 27-year-old said his mental health had been affected by a series of personal traumas, including the anniversary of his daughter’s death.

He was given a one-month suspension in January after failing a drugs test during the previous year.

After defeating Lukasiak, Taylor said he had “rebounded back” and described the earlier suspension as “the biggest let down of my life”.

On Facebook, Taylor wrote: “I need to apologise for blatant lying to you all in my interview after my win against Oskar last week, as I have been lying to myself and everyone else around me.

“I did complete and finish the course that I was required to do at the end of last/beginning of this year, along with everything else I was required to do and sanctions.”

A potential two-year ban was reduced after he proved the substance was not performance-enhancing and was taken outside of competition, while also committing to completing a three-month treatment programme approved by UK Anti-Doping.

Taylor had been due to play Jonny Clayton in the second round, with Clayton receiving a bye to the third round following Taylor’s suspension.


BBC News

See also  Athlos NYC: Gabby Thomas among stars in action at lucrative women's track event

Check Also

England vs Pakistan: Joe Root brings welcome sense of calm on return as captain

When Joe Root left the field for the first time in his second stint as …

Second rider killed in Manx Grand Prix qualifying named as Sam Naughton

A second competitor has died during qualifying for the Manx Grand Prix on the Isle …

England v Pakistan, First Test, day one Headingley – highlights

Ollie Robinson and Josh Tongue both took five-wicket hauls to put England in early control …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime