google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Biden border order attacked by rival Republicans

The president faced an attack on Tuesday, the day of his executive order, from Donald Trump, his rival in November’s election.

Mr Biden had “surrendered our southern border”, and was now “pretending to finally do something” about it, Trump wrote on social media. He was echoed by others including Texas Senator Ted Cruz.

The president hit back, accusing the Trump camp of an “extremely cynical political move” by pressurising Republican lawmakers to block the proposed border plan in Congress earlier in the year.

Speaking on Tuesday, the president vowed that his executive order would “help us gain control of our border”.

He asked left-wing critics for their patience. “We’re wearing thin right now,” he said. “Doing nothing is not an option.”

About a dozen advocates and Democratic lawmakers had their own press conference outside the US Capitol on Tuesday, criticising Mr Biden’s decision.

Pramila Jayapal, the chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, said she was “profoundly disappointed”, calling the order a “step in the wrong direction”.


Source link

See also  US to repatriate survivors of strike on 'drug-carrying submarine', Trump says

Check Also

Woman pulled alive from rubble 36 hours after Colombia quake

A 32-year-old woman, who had been trapped under rubble for 36 hours following the 7.4-magnitude …

Anguish of Colombian brother at rubble of building being searched for earthquake survivors

The magnitude 7.4 earthquake that struck Colombia on Monday, 10 August, is the worst in …

In shattered Cali, residents search for loved ones and signs of hope

Most deaths were reported in Cali, Colombia’s third-most populous city, as crews search collapsed buildings …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime