google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Major search ongoing for man missing in River Thames near Oxford

5dcac5e0 5ffd 11f0 bd40 2357e529028d.jpg

A major search operation is under way for a man missing after getting into difficulty in the River Thames.

Thames Valley Police said a 23-year-old man was reported to have entered the water at Buscot Lock, near Faringdon, Oxfordshire, just after 21:10 BST on Saturday.

Temporary Chief Supt Lis Knight said the man was with a group of friends who tried to retrieve him from the water but were unable to do so.

The National Police Air Service, specialist search teams, search dogs and Oxfordshire Lowland Search & Rescue have attended the scene alongside the Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue Service.

Ch Supt Knight said searches had been “extensive and thorough” of the water and the river banks.

“His next of kin are aware and are being offered support at this extremely distressing time, and my thoughts are with them all,” she added.

Police have asked people to avoid the area while the searches are ongoing.

“We will continue our search until we have located him, and I would ask that his family’s privacy is respected,” Ch Supt Knight said.


BBC News

Views: 0

See also  M6 northbound closed at J10 as emergency services called to crash

Check Also

1744377112 60f697b0 1203 11ef 82e8 cd354766a224.png

Manhunt begins after reports two teenagers raped

A man is arrested and a search is under way for a second suspect, say …

Police probe Reform councillor's election papers

Nomination papers for Ryan Coogan are being looked at after his election to a district …

Driver hid £7m cocaine in clothing delivery

Jakub Konkel, 40, cries in the dock as he is jailed for 13-and-a-half years. BBC …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime
⁠pearl dental clinic dubai : top dental c.