google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Call of Duty: Warzone is winding down on mobile

Wz s3 battle pass.webp.jpeg

Activision is starting to wind down Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile just over a year after its global launch. The game “has not met our expectations with mobile-first players like it has with PC and console audiences,” according to a post on X. The company will be pulling the game from the App Store and Google Play after Sunday, May 18th.

Players who have installed the game before Monday, May 19th will “still have access to the game with continued cross-progression of shared inventories using existing content, and servers with matchmaking for online play,” Activision says.

However, there will be no new seasonal content or gameplay updates, social features across platforms will not be available, and you won’t be able to buy content with real-world currency, Activision says on a support page. Activision will not be offering refunds for previously-purchased content or for unspent COD Points.

Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile launched worldwide on March 21st, 2024, and it shared progression with Call of Duty: Warzone on console and PC. But it apparently wasn’t as successful as Activision and Microsoft, which became a huge force in mobile gaming as a result of the acquisition, would have liked.

Views: 1

Advertisements

Check Also

University of Arizona students boo Eric Schmidt’s AI cheerleading

Former Google CEO Eric Schmidt delivered the commencement address at the University of Arizona on …

Oddity is masterfully tense horror from the director of Hokum

Hokum recently hit theaters, and it’s already outperforming box office expectations. If this Kubrick-referencing haunted …

FCC proposal to stop robocalls may require more personal ID for phones

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Robocalls are the phone version of stepping …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime