Championship side Partick Thistle have joined League One leaders Raith Rovers in appealing to fans for donations them get through the coronavirus crisis.
Fans of the Maryhill club have set up a page with a target to raise £20,000, while Rovers are aiming for £25,000.
Thistle cited a “potentially significant loss of income” due to the suspension of the season.
SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster has already warned of “dire financial consequences” for clubs.
Partick Thistle, who currently sit bottom of the Championship with nine games remaining, say they have a “strong financial base” but face “uncertainty” with no income from matches for the foreseeable future.
The club offered fans different options to contribute if able to do so, as did Raith Rovers, who said on Tuesday: “Every Scottish football club at our level has a heavy reliance on gate income as a main source of revenue.
“Therefore, the cancellation or postponement of home fixtures is a significant issue, particularly as a large amount of costs will still be incurred regardless such as wages, council tax, etc. during this period.
Rovers are one point clear of Falkirk at the League One summit, with eight matches left to play.
Meanwhile Cowdenbeath, who are fourth in League Two, say they cannot sell season tickets without knowing which league they will playing in next season.
Finance director David Allan told BBC Scotland they have had to cancel their end-of-season events which also provide income, adding they “can’t afford” to play matches behind closed doors.
“If the leagues end up as they stand right now, and I don’t think they will be able to continue, then we should receive our final placing payment from the SPFL as long as sponsorship and TV revenues are received in the normal way,” Allan said.
“March, April, May and June are financially the worst throughout the year for us. Given the government advice I don’t think it’s likely any football will be played during these months but we still have wages to pay to players up to the 10th of June.
“We held a board meeting last Saturday to discuss all options and will hold another one later this week to establish any updates from the relevant authorities.”