Fugitive rape suspect who allegedly faked his own death faces new sexual assault claims | UK News


An alleged fugitive, who American authorities claim faked his death to evade sex charges, is wanted for questioning over a rape claim in England.

International law enforcement agencies are attempting to extradite Nicholas Rossi from Scotland, where he was arrested under an Interpol warrant in 2021 while being treated on a COVID-19 ward.

The 35-year-old is being sought by US police over serious sexual offence allegations.

Detectives in England have now confirmed to Sky News that they are also wanting to question Mr Rossi over a separate rape allegation in Essex.

Earlier in November, a Scottish court sheriff ruled for the first time Arthur Knight – the man arrested on the COVID ward – was, in fact, Nicholas Rossi, an American rape suspect who faked his own death.

An Essex police spokesperson said: “We are now liaising with Scottish authorities in order to facilitate an interview with the man regarding a non-recent allegation of rape in Chelmsford, which was made to us in April 2022.”

The defendant in the Nicholas Rossi extradition case, arrives at Edinburgh Sheriff And Justice Of The Peace Court, where a decision is expected as US authorities seek to extradite the man they believe to be rape suspect Nicholas Rossi, after allegedly fleeing the country in 2017 to evade charges involving identity theft and fraud, and a 2008 sexual assault charge in Utah. The man, who goes by at least ten other aliases, including Nicholas Alahverdian and Arthur Knight, denies he is Rossi. Picture date: Friday November 11, 2022.
Image:
Rossi arriving to contest his identity at Edinburgh Sheriff Court

Mr Rossi had been trying to use a string of bogus aliases, including that of Irish orphan Arthur Knight, a man he claimed had never set foot in the United States.

He also used Nicholas Alahverdian and Nicholas Alahverdian Rossi, and is wanted in connection with an alleged sex assault in Utah in 2008 and an attack in Ohio in 2018.

Arthur Knight insists he is not Nicholas Rossi
Image:
The man who goes by the name Arthur Knight still insists he is not Nicholas Rossi

The 35-year-old suggested his body had been tattooed while he was unconscious in a Glasgow hospital, in a bid to create doubt his body art was an identical match to that on an Interpol red notice.

His attempts to convince the court he was an innocent victim caught up in a case of mistaken identity failed, which meant Mr Rossi was due to face a full extradition hearing in January and March.

But, the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service (SCTS) has stated alleged offences in the UK must be dealt with first, which means his extradition could be delayed.

If Mr Rossi is charged in Essex, his US extradition will be paused.

A spokesperson for the SCTS said: “The extradition would have to wait until the domestic matter is concluded, per section 76A (2) of the Extradition Act.”



Sky News

Marriage record form. Dass. 4g wifi fpv gps with 4k hd camera quantity.
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com