google-site-verification: googlec7193c3de77668c9.html

Benjamin Sesko: Newcastle consider Slovenia striker amid Alexander Isak uncertainty

Advertisements

Newcastle are exploring a move for RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Sesko in case Alexander Isak departs this summer.

Isak has not travelled with the Magpies for their pre-season tour of Asia as he considers his future at the club amid interest from Liverpool.

Sesko was heavily linked with Arsenal until the Gunners shifted their focus to Sporting striker Viktor Gyokeres.

Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea were also keeping tabs on the Slovenia international earlier in the window.

Newcastle will only attempt to sign the 22-year-old, who scored 13 goals in 33 Bundesliga appearances last season, if Isak leaves.

Newcastle said Isak, 25, didn’t travel to Singapore with the rest of the squad due to a “minor thigh injury”.


BBC News

Views: 2

See also  Champions Trophy 2025 England v Afghanistan: Coach Jonathan Trott on bravery of his players

Check Also

Fantasy Premier League talking point: Final-day gambles

Statman Dave: “You are looking at Bournemouth, Liverpool, Spurs and West Ham players as ones …

NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers 108-121 New York Knicks: Jalen Brunson helps Knicks into 3-0 lead

The New York Knicks swept aside the Cleveland Cavaliers to move within one win of …

What impact will WSL relegation have on Leicester City?

Captain Sam Tierney told BBC Radio Leicester before Saturday’s play-off defeat that the club had …

Leave a Reply

Available for Amazon Prime
Making digital tools accessible for everyone.